Canadian Red Cross Hospital, Taplow, Maidenhead, Berkshire
The Canadian Red Cross Hospital was located in the grounds of Cliveden Estate, Berkshire. It was constructed in 1914 and was named The Duchess of Connaught Red Cross Hospital. During the second world war, the hospital expanded and was renamed as The Canadian Red Cross Memorial Hospital. After the war the hospital became part of the NHS and operated as a general hospital until around 1952 when it became mostly a maternity hospital. The hospital operated until 1985 when it was closed due to rationalisation of services. The building has been derelict since until 2006 when the landowners, National Trust, demolished the buildings to make way for private housing.
Some photographs from the site:-
There are more photographs on Flickr